Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Gotta Love the Apathy

Ho Hum. Just sitting around, waiting for that visit from ol' Cap'n Bloodsnatch. Like it's different from any other month, right?

I'm taking bets as to when Red October will dock.........tomorrow, the weekend? Nah, it'll show up next Friday. Why, you're asking yourself? Not just because my last name should be Murphy (as in that pesky little "law"), but because, Friday is my birthday, and what better gift to get than that. It's like getting coal in your socks from La Befana instead of gifts on Epiphany. Seriously though, it's happened before, when we were first trying. I got it on my 30th birthday-that pretty much threw any birthday nookie right out the window for me. Bastards.

I really really must update some stuff on here, as well as post a bit more on other's blogs. I've been so self-absorbed lately, which I don't like. Then again, I've also been apathetic, which I definitely don't like. I just haven't had the energy lately to do much of anything. I've also been having a hard time getting up in the mornings, and getting to sleep at night. It's annoying, really. So, I must get back into the grind of things. I will. I promise.

Just as soon as I get up off of the couch, I swear I'll get right on that.

6 comments:

BigP's Heather said...

Happy Birthday!! That is my birthday too. Besides, Red October will come because it will be Friday the 13th!

Carol said...

Happy Birthday. Mine is on monday. It will be depresssing I'm sure - another year with no baby. I hope you can find a way to make it a fun and special day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope that "she" does not show up as a gift.

Carol said...

S - hi, I'm new to the IF blogosphere. But I sooo know what you mean about the apathy. I can't make myself to anything. even things I love to do. How to break out of the funk? If you figure it out - please do let me know.

Lut C. said...

Happy birthday!

And I must confess, I have been feeling a little neglected. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!