Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Follicle Omelet With A Side of Home-Fries

Just got the call-the huevos are cooked enough to crack open those bad-boys and make an omelet. Trigger tonight, then retrieval Friday morning. Just in time for yet ANOTHER snowstorm. Driving up the Garden State Parkway is going to be such a nightmare that I'm already looking forward to the drugs for ER. And the drugs after ER. Hell, maybe I should take some now, just for shits and giggles.

The count, as of this morning, was 24 good-sized follicles, so hopefully that will get more than 12 eggs. The more I get, the more for PGD, and the more normal ones we'll end up with. Or, at least, that's the theory-we all know that IVF has odds much like the roulette table at The Borgata.

Minus the hookers, of course. Because hookers in an IVF lab is just awkward, not to mention it might be a little hard to explain to said theoretical children why there's a creepy lady in hoochie clothes giving the camera a thumbs-up in the procedure room (take THAT as a visual, people!). Yeah, that's where my mind goes to in all this-creepy hookers. I'm so fucked-up.

Let the fun begin!

6 comments:

BigP's Heather said...

I'm cracking up!!

I mean, why NOT hookers? Don't we pay enough? And, everyone else has had a look-see at our bits, why not?

S said...

Damn.....I KNEW that I could've self-paid for my cycles if I got creative! Damn hormones are rotting my brain!

Shelli said...

woot!

Anna said...

Good luck! Drive safely in all the white stuff that's due. Hopefully it won't be too much. :D

domain name registration said...

Good luck and be careful while driving.

http://www.santaparanoia.com/como-iniciar-conversacion-mujer/ said...

Very good written story. It will be helpful to everyone who usess it, including yours truly Smile. Keep doing what you are doing - i will definitely read more posts.