Sunday, August 12, 2012

Doing the Math **UPDATED**

Okay.....got the fert report this morning:

12 eggs retrieved, 9 mature and fertilized and, as of this afternoon, 5 made it through the first round.

All in all, not too shabby for someone who's on the last 9 weeks of their thirties.  Do I wish there were more?  Sure, but perhaps in all of this that's a bit of a greedy thought-I keep thinking of that woman in the bed next to me who only had one retrieved-what's there to say that it was mature or able to be fertilized?  Believe me.....I'm counting my blessings.

So....here's the game plan (as it's been explained to me):

They'll call me tomorrow in the afternoon to let me know how they're doing, and when the biopsies will be done.  Depending on their status, the biopsy could be done on day 3 (Tuesday) with a transfer on day 4 (Wednesday).  If they feel that they can make it to day 5 (Thursday), they will biopsy them then and freeze the normals for a FET next month-apparently they do this because, even though the company that does the testing is in the same town as BIC, they aren't guaranteed to get the results back in time for a day 6 transfer.  Hey, whatevs-I'm just going to go with the process.  Whether they do it this cycle or the next, it doesn't matter-what DOES matter is that they're normal, healthy embryos.

Hopefully we'll get two or even three out of this. Even though I am actually chill about this at this point in time, any good thoughts/prayers/white voodoo/offerings to the Flying Spaghetti Monster would be appreciated.

More (hopefully) later.

-------------

Got the call today-they're going to do the biopsy tomorrow, with transfer set for Wednesday at 1:15pm.  Worse case scenario (which I think you can figure out), they'll call us Wednesday morning.

Here we go!

8 comments:

Gypsy Mama said...

It's always good to count your blessings. Best of luck with the transfers!!

Cecelia said...

Goodluck!

Ms. J said...

Thinking of you an sending vibes for zen and peace.

Anonymous said...

I just started reading your blog and I really do wish you lots of luck this cycle...I am going thru a FET cycle and the waiting is the worse

Jenn said...

im crossing my fingers for you and hoping for the BEST!!! keep us updated. i love reading your blog!

Erika said...

Those numbers sound great to me! Crossing my fingers for you.

LuvnMySailor said...

Did you try blood letting a chicken? We were soooo close... ;). Kmfx for you!

Jennifer Sanchez said...


You can get your ex back and cure your infertility problems with Dr. Odunga

When I met Dr. Odunga, my husband had divorced me because I was a barren woman of 41 and I have been married for 21 years. I was devastated and confused as a woman of my age until I went online to look for help on how to get my marriage back then I met Dr. Odunga. Within 48 hours of contacting him, my ex husband came back home and pleaded for me to forgive him and take him back after 5 months of divorce. I accepted him back and then I told Dr. Odunga of my bareness for him to help me. He did the spell for fertility and after 48 hours of completing it, I conceived. My husband got me pregnant and I gave birth to a baby girl.
Presently, I am a mother of a beautiful baby girl and I am happy in my relationship. This is all thanks to Dr. Odunga and his wonderful work. Contact Dr. Odunga Via Whats-App number +2348167159012. Email at: odungaspelltemple@gmail.com