Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Settled In

Well, there was a transfer this afternoon-yay!

The downside (if there is one, I suppose), out of the 5 embryos tested, only one was normal.

Dr. Pipsqueak did the transfer today, which was a first for us throughout this journey-out of all the retrievals and transfers we've had, she's yet to do one.  Even though there was only one, she seemed to be very excited about it-she said that it was a really good one and she was pleased at how it looked, and, more importantly, it was genetically healthy.

So.....we transferred a lovely morula.  It looked like it was starting to compact a little, so it's hopefully well on its way to being a blast.  Dr. P and the embryology staff told me in the OR that they all said a prayer to make sure that it was a good outcome, and I replied that Sean and I were going to ritually slaughter a goat in a pit we dug in our backyard and then dance naked around our fire pit.  Not sure if they thought that I was serious or not, but hey, whatever works, right?   Of course afterwards I got a little weepy and she gave me a big hug.  I told her that no matter what the outcome of this is, I couldn't thank her enough for everything she's done for us.  Even she got a little weepy at that, and it was at that point that I decided to christen the morula "Bobo".  Because, well, why the hell not?

10 days to go until we know.  Any prayers/positive vibes/juju/santeria chicken slaughtering that you're doing out there, please keep it up-it's definitely being felt by me right now, and I'm so grateful for all of your support.  Y'all rock!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really hope that bobo sticks!!! I hope the next 10 days go by quickly

Sometimes said...

Congratulations!!

Google "pineapple core" and get yourself some pineapple core! And walnuts. Both are really good for fertility and implantation.

YEAH!

Anonymous said...

My fingers (and toes) are crossed for you!

LuvnMySailor said...

One is all it takes!! Baby sticky dust your way!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck and sticky vibe your way!!! You've been through so much you deserve this! Keep thinking about implantation :)

btw - I'm one week ahead of you - my beta is on Monday.

Cecelia said...

Luck luck Luck!!

Anonymous said...

God !God! God ! make this work :)

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you reeeeally hard :)

Anonymous said...

Just discovered your blog - love it & totally willing Bobo to stick around for a happy & healthy nine months. Cheering you all on from here in Western Oz!

Anonymous said...

please update!!!

Jennifer Sanchez said...


You can get your ex back and cure your infertility problems with Dr. Odunga

When I met Dr. Odunga, my husband had divorced me because I was a barren woman of 41 and I have been married for 21 years. I was devastated and confused as a woman of my age until I went online to look for help on how to get my marriage back then I met Dr. Odunga. Within 48 hours of contacting him, my ex husband came back home and pleaded for me to forgive him and take him back after 5 months of divorce. I accepted him back and then I told Dr. Odunga of my bareness for him to help me. He did the spell for fertility and after 48 hours of completing it, I conceived. My husband got me pregnant and I gave birth to a baby girl.
Presently, I am a mother of a beautiful baby girl and I am happy in my relationship. This is all thanks to Dr. Odunga and his wonderful work. Contact Dr. Odunga Via Whats-App number +2348167159012. Email at: odungaspelltemple@gmail.com