Monday, June 06, 2005

Procrastinating

Ugh, I guess summer is here, with a vengance! Thankfully, my classroom is in the basement of our building, so it was nice and cool for the day, but I felt sorry for some of the other teachers-it was like a sweatshop in there today. And, it's supposed to be hot like this for the rest of the week. I just keep telling myself that there's only 12 more days.....

The wedding on Saturday was very nice. They looked really happy, and we had a great time, the food was good, and the booze a-flowing. I found this great dress on clearance in the mall, and then on Saturday during the cocktail hour promptly spilled chicken korma all over myself (not my fault, it slipped off the plate while I was trying to get the fork into it). Fuckers. Luckily the dress was a pale green and a lot of it came out, but it still needs to go to the dry cleaners, since I'm taking it on the cruise. Still no luck on the bathing suit, though. I think that will be Thursday's project.

I am totally procrastinating right now-I have a lot of things that I need to get done for school, reports, finishing up my planbook and grades, instrument inventories-and I have no desire to do a damn thing. I need to get on the ball, because I don't feel like stressing at the last minute, but I'm lazy as hell today.

Oh, yeah, no period yet, but I'm figuring (if that heavy spotting on May 11th and 12th was AF) that I should get it by Wednesday at the earliest. I'm getting crampy on occasion and that "swampy" feeling that you get right before, so if nothing by Friday I'll call Nursey P to see what the deal is.

And, yes, I'm procrastinating about that, too. I just don't want to be put on more meds, and have to go for a dildocam or anything, and I'm afraid that they'll tell me to come in (no, they will tell me to come in, I'm sure) and then it makes my work schedule all screwy, especially now since my principal is gone for the rest of the year and the VP (a man) is Acting Principal. It's too much of a pain in the ass to have to try to work around.

I need to get up off my lazy ass and get on the ball. Pronto.

No comments: