Saturday, June 11, 2005

Red Tide

My lovely friend Aunt Flo (AF) has finally decided to pay me a visit.

I guess the spotting I had when I took the Provera was the real thing-she just decided to just stay overnight that time.

Not this time. Holy shit, she's kicking my uterus into oblivion right now. What the hell did I ever do to her? I actually wanted her to show up this time.

Oh, yeah, I decided to pump my body full of hormones, and have my body prepare for a baby that never happened. I made her do all that work for nothing. I guess I'd be pissed off too, if I were her.

I called Nursey P yesterday and left a voicemail that the old hag was here, and she called me with my protocol for this "mock cycle". I think that I'm the first person in my RE's office to do a natural-cycle (unmedicated) FET, because Nursey P said that she had to ask the RE about the protocol, as she wasn't familiar with what to do. So, starting this week, I get to pee on a stick and use the Fertility Monitor (actually, she said cycle day 12, but the monitor makes you start at cycle day 6), then I start bloodwork and ultrasounds with my buddy Mr. Techhie. I have four days in a row of bloodwork (ouch) and two ultrasounds (every other day), then I'm supposed to go for a progesterone check seven days after my surge. Unfortunately, I think that will be when I'm in Bermuda, so I guess we'll play it by ear.

The only thing that will suck is the bloodwork four days in a row. It's the last week of school, and I have to play two graduation ceremonies in hot gymnasiums. Having parents stare at what I'm sure will be the huge bruises on my arms, which will be visible due to the fact that it's 300 degrees in school right now and I'm not about to wear a long-sleeved shirt, will not be the best way to spend the last week of school. Oh, well, as long as they're gone by the time I leave for vacation.

Game on!

No comments: