I had to wait awhile for Dr. Pipsqueak, as she was running behind (very out of character for Big Important Clinic)-apparently, the appointment before mine was stuck in traffic. No matter, though-it's not like I have anything important going on-I'm on VA-CAY!
Anyhow, we go into her office, where she asks me how I'm feeling (great), if I gained any weight (nope) and whether I was ready to dive into the FET cycle (uh....yeah). I found out that, out of the 22 fertilized eggs, 12 were frozen at 1pn stage (right after fertilization) and 6 made it to day-3 stage before cryo. So, I have 18 embryos to use.
She explained to me that, because my cycles (although regular) tend to be on the longish side, she wants me to do a synthetic FET instead of a natural one. Which means that I get a turn once again with two weeks of OCP, adding in my New Best Friend Loopy Lupron, then introducing Estrace into the mix (estrogen pills), starting Medrol, Doxycycline, and the lovely PIO, and transferring two to three embryos (depending on quality, of course). I was a little taken aback at the recommendation for the synthetic cycle, but she explained that the natural cycle, ultimately, didn't work, and she wants to make sure that every opportunity is being used for success.
Also, since the embryos were frozen in "straws" of three, they will first thaw a strand of the just fertilized ones, to see how they'll grow. Depending on their growth is whether or not they will have to thaw more, or go into the 3 day ones. She did warn me that there is always a chance that none will make through, and we won't transfer anything, but the quality of the day-3 ones were good, but not perfect. So, that freaked me out a little bit, but I refuse to let myself dwell on it. There isn't much that can be done now, if you know what I mean.
I met with Nurse Blondie, who gave me my timeline and promised to get on the phone to the pharmacy to order the Estrace and Doxycycline (and already got the phone call from the pharmacy-they rock). So, it looks like there will be a transfer in about four weeks, give or take a few days, assuming that
Am I excited? Sort of, as long as I don't freak out that I'll arrive for the transfer only to be told that we're shit out of luck. I am really not so happy about more drugs-the progesterone I expected (although pills), but Lupron and Estrace? Yuck. However, beggars can't be choosers, in this case.
Let the games begin.