Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Spring Cleaning

I changed the look for my blog-really, because I got bored. I'm not too computer-savvy though-I have no idea how to spice it up (like Vixanne's new look-looove it, btw!), so I put this one up, 'cause it looks "springy"-how does it look?

Went to the RE today for the dildocam-I've got about 20 or so follicles growing quite nicely in there. I told the Mr. Ultrasound Techie and Nursey P about my dad's "Easter Egg Hunt" comment, and they had a little giggle with me (I didn't giggle much though, not with the dildocam still in me). Mr. Ultrasound Techie said that I had good eggs, and that, in his experience, "Italian women always produce good eggs, and lots of them" Viva Italia! Well, my grandmother was one of 13.......

I also met with the RE and went over some stuff that the anesthesiologist needed to know, and got a 'script for doxycycline that I have to take as a precaution. So, hopefully my bloodwork will come back okay (pleasssssse, no Repronex, God-no more shots!!)-it totally feels like that there's two tennis balls inside my abdomen that are moving around.....

I'm waiting for my friend M to show up-we were supposed to go out for lunch, but she has some presentation for school that she needed to finish with her group, and it took longer than she thought--hopefully she'll be here soon. She kinda does this a lot, makes plans, then kinda bails on me-I'm trying to be patient, because I know that she's going through a lot with her divorce/custody battle, but that's another entry for later........she's on her way here.

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

Thanks!!!!

Okay...I'm posting the same thing here that I did at Zarqa's blog....I don't know what in the hell you're talking about. LOL. Because I did not have a problem actually getting pregnant, I don't know what all the follicle and stim talk is about. I know that follices are involved in the ovulation process. What are you actually doing? Explain slowly. I confuse easily these days. :)

cat said...

ohhh... good luck with everything. viva italia indeed!

*fingers crossed* that your bloodwork is fine.

The new look is pretty. love it.

S said...

Vix-

Well, I'm doing IVF-aka In-Vitro Fertilization. Basically, the RE pumps me full of drugs to make lots of follicles grow (the eggies are inside the follicles) on my ovaries, then I go into the hospital and they harvest them (I won't even go into that right now), fertilize them and then implant the best two and hope they stick in my uterus....

That's the short version of it, there's lots of stuff involved ie. seeing how much they grow, blood levels of hormones, which is making me a human pincushion, but it will all be worth it if it works, right?

:)