Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Tuesday morning blatherings

I did my second shot last night-wasn't too bad. It only took me about 5 minutes to get the needle in this time, but it stung a bit more. I figured out later that on Sunday night, in my nervousness, I pinched the skin on my stomach kinda hard, and I think that I might have unintentionally numbed it a bit, which was good because I didn't feel a thing. My friend M (the nurse) is coming over tonight for dinner-Sean's going out with some former work colleagues-and offered to give me the shot, but I said no, because I can't depend on other people......I need to do this myself. So, we're turning it into a pizza/injectibles party, and she'll make sure that I'm doing this correctly.......

Other than that, I've had a wicked headache for two days-not sure if it's the Lupron (which it might-it's one of the side effects) or my seasonal allergies kicking in-and I'm really tired. I've also found, while playing a piece yesterday that I know pretty well, that my fingers keep tripping up on the keyboard.......hmmm, don't know if these are other side effects-gotta look that up.

Today is state testing for 3rd and 4th graders, so my schedule is totally turned around-I can't teach in my normal spot, which is the cafeteria. Yeah, it sucks, especially since I had my own classroom not too long ago, but it's better than nothing. So, I'm in the classrooms today, which I hate-there's no room to do any kind of movement activities, and you're constantly worrying that you're disrupting other classes. Maybe I can beg the principal to use the library-there's a piano in there.......

No comments: