Wednesday, July 13, 2005

NO drama at rehearsal last night.......unless you count that Di-VA was still on book for all her second act scenes.......sheesh.....and she supposedly played the part before? What-EVER.

Although, I was a little bit disappointed, I must admit-I was looking forward to one of her snit-fests and what would have been the inevitable blowout. It's like watching a train wreck-you know that it's going to be horrific, but you still can't look away.

On a better note, I had my FET appointment today. So far, so good. Dr. Vest is trying a new "natural cycle" protocol (I love being a guinea pig!) on me. I go for LH bloodwork on cycle days, 13, 14 and 16 (the 15th being a Sunday) and the transfer will be 5 days after my LH surge.

Dr. Vest also told me that the blasts they froze were 6 day ones-I'm not sure if that's good or not (I think it is, but I'll need to do some research). I reiterated that since we only have three totsicles left, I wanted two thawed and transferred. If, for some reason, they didn't survive the thaw (trying to be realistic here) then they can try to thaw the last one. Apparently, it only takes an hour or so to thaw them-I was shocked. I would have thought a few days, but no.

My greatest fear is that none of them will survive the thaw, and we're screwed. I'd have to do another fresh cycle, which means more injectible drugs (now adding the PIO to the cocktail) and that would seriously blow. I talked to Nursey P about my insurance change, and she confirmed my new benefits, which are actually better-Blue Cross/Blue Shield coveres both donor egg and surrogacy (not that I need that, but it's good to know). The shitty thing is that, because I already had a retrieval under my previous insurance, they count it towards my 4 retrieval lifetime maximum under IF benefits, regardless that it was done with another insurance company. Fuck. I thought that it would be starting over again, so we're down to three more. But, it's three more than a lot of other women have, so I'm still grateful.

So, I got my prescriptions for the Medrol and my "gassy-biotic" Doxycycline, which I'll start taking 2 days before the scheduled transfer, and continue them until the bottles are empty (I think only four or five days total), then play the waiting game for the pregnancy test. If I ovulate on day 16 (which I usually do), then the prospective transfer date would be Saturday, July 30th. Not too happy about that, since (1). My show closes that night and (2) we have tickets to see "Spamalot" that afternoon. It took us FOREVER to get the tickets-since the Tonys they're impossible to get. But, Nursey P said that she didn't see why we still wouldn't be able to go.

Well, you know what they say...........shit happens.

1 comment:

Shelli said...

and um, after Spamalot, you have to come have a drink with me at Blockheads!

So um, ovulate a day LATE, please! :)