Monday, February 06, 2006

Achy Breaky Pelvis (Redux)

Okay, in one of my posts from last week I relayed the lovely information about my achy breaky pelvis. I thought that the pain would go away once lovely AF decided to make her monthly visit.

Wrong. The pain is still there. In fact, it's gotten bad enough that yesterday I had to take Tylenol with codeine. And, I hate taking that crap-it makes me feel weird and I have fucked-up dreams.

Sean is (understandibly) upset by this latest development, and by the fact that I wasn't about to call a medical professional about it, aside from my mother. You know how it is-once you become an IF patient (or, a patient for any medical condition, really) and are there so often that you're basically setting up house in your doctor's office, you're not about to voluntarily go back. But, he is forcing me to call my regular twatotologist this morning to see what's up. So, now I have to wait until the office opens to call and speak to someone, and probably drive over there.

I'd be lying if I said that I'm not worried-obviously, I should not be having pain in the ovarian region, especially if I'm not ovulating (I'm only on cycle day 8). I have a sneaking suspicion that there might be a cyst in there-apparently, Dr. Google tells me that it's quite common to get them when you've used fertility drugs. Hopefully it isn't something more-like an inflamed tube (it's the side where the hydrosalpinx tube is)........that would REALLY suck, because you know that it would have to be snipped out ASAP, which isn't in the plan for another four months or so.

I've learned, however, that this lovely disease I call infertility isn't actually "into" planning. Why should this situation be any different?

No comments: