Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Rainy Days

As much as I know that we need the rain and all, it's getting more than a bit annoying.

We are at day number 5 of rain, and boy, is it coming down. It's starting to flood the streets. It's that kind of cold rain that gets into your bones and makes you freezing cold, even when you're indoors.

It's the kind of rain that makes you want to curl up in your flannel pajamas in bed and read a good, trashy novel.

At least it isn't snow-at least you don't have to shovel rain.

4 comments:

cat said...

Writing this in PJs as we speak er... type. It is nice that this is not snow could you imagine! Hope it does not flood where you are.

Bittermama said...

I'm so sick of this rain! My poor wee man keeps going to the back door and saying "Side! Side!" and then he gets this crestfallen look on his face and pouts "Rain. Mean."

I think he just gets the two words confused, but I couldn't have said it better.

Ah, and what a way to look at the bright side. I can't even bear the thought of shovelling this winter!

Anonymous said...

It's a little bit like that here, too. While the rain is so depressing, I know it's a good thing. This too shall pass...

Shelli said...

the thing that separates us, dear S, is that we live in an apartment, and our super has to shovel the show, so I still have a love affair with the stuff.....

and I'ma weirdo freak from Portland, Oregon, so I LOVE THIS WEATHER!