Thursday, November 10, 2005

3dp3dt-Progestesheen and the Hunger Pangs

Sounds a lot like a Vegas lounge act, doesn't it? Or the opening act for a doo-wop revival tour.

That lovely greasy shine to my skin and hair has begun, otherwise known as "progestesheen". God, I love this drug-Sean has now taken to calling me "his little oil slick". He'd better not even try the "greasy Italian" jokes, or else Progesterage will set in and I'll tear his arms off.

Well, at least I don't have to moisturize as much, right? I'm saving money on body lotion. See, infertility can be money-saving (NOT)!

The hunger has set in, as well. I remember this from the last time-I get hungry within a few hours after I eat, and have to eat something again. For example, I had breakfast at 8:45 this morning-three slices of bacon and a two egg omelet with cheese and tomato, and then by 11 I had to have something, so I ate a bowl of fresh pineapple (yum), one of those little Laughing Cow cheese and cracker things (if you're not sure what I'm talking about, they're really good). At 12 I ate a piece of the personal pan pizza I ordered for Sean last night. And, I'm meeting a friend for lunch at around 1:30.......geez..........can we say obsessed with food? I know you can......gooood.

Of course, the last time I had hunger pangs like that I was pregnant, so could it be? Doubt it, it's too early-it's gotta be the combo of the fucking progesterone and the leftover HCG shot. Shit. I need to watch myself, or else I'm going to start looking like an oompah-loompah (doompidy-doo!).

I've still got a bit of a potbelly, but that's also due to the lovely drug cocktail running through my veins. At least I can fit into my jeans, albeit the low rise ones that let my belly hang over. I've just gotta wear loose shirts over it all, or else I really look about three months along.

Sheesh-all these damn drugs simulate pregnancy, to the point that you're looking and feeling pregnant, and you have no idea whether or not you actually are-what a mind-fuck, right?

In other news, we're out of school for the next two days, due to teacher convention, which is nice. I mean, I haven't been back since the retrieval, but it's still nice to know that I don't have to call out sick or anything. I do have a lot of shit to do, like grocery shopping, but I'll try to take it easy all the same.

It's only been three days past the transfer, and I still have 11 days to go. I hate waiting.

Patience is not one of my strong points. Sucks to be me.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Hang in there!!!

Shelli said...

3 days past IMPLANTATION - just keep telling yourself that, dear one....

seriously.

:)

xoxox,
S

cat said...

It's so true that HCG shot is a freaking tease.

Implantation, implantation... rah rah sis booom bah!

:)