Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Ready to Roll

I went this morning to Dr. Vest's office for my scheduled monitoring. Of course, during this whole process the waiting in the office for bloodletting and wanding hasn't been bad. But, because I had to go to work today, the office was packed. I got there at twenty to eight and left at twenty after nine, which got me to work at five to ten-argh!

So, here's the news. There are "10+" follicles on each side (I think that they said around 24-26 again), ranging from 13-15 mm in size. The not so good news is that my E2 levels are as follows (according to blood draws):

Tonight's protocol is-75IU of Follistim at 8pm, then HCG trigger (10,000 units) at 11:30pm. Retrieval is set for 10am Friday morning.

Needless to say, I'm scared shitless that I'll get OHSS like the last time. Nursey P. said that the levels are "a little high", but they wouldn't let me go through this if I was going to be in danger. I looked online and I found out that the E2 levels should be 100-200 per follicle, so, assuming that I have 26 or so, that would be accurate enough.

Going through all that shit again is a sobering thought, though-it takes all the excitement out of the egg retrieval.

This time I'm going to be prepared. I'm going to look up info to see if I can try to prevent it-my mother-in-law said that pineapple juice was a natural diuretic. I thought she was full of shit, but I looked it up, and, lo and behold, she's right. I'll get some of that, Gatorade (although it makes me want to barf), Pedalyte, and lots of water. Tonight, tomorrow night, and every night after ER, I'll measure my belly and weigh myself to see if there's any excessive weight gain. And, I'm not going to be a martyr-if I feel like shit on Saturday or Sunday, I'm going to the emergency room-fuck it.

Dr. Vest has been really great about this whole cycle. He was there early this morning so he could see my ultrasound-he made Mr. Techhie do it twice so he could see the sizes himself, and told me that he didn't want to wait any longer than Friday to do the retrieval. He's made sure to keep me in the loop and doesn't dismiss my concerns. He's awesome.

Now, if I could only get and stay pregnant-then he'd be a hero, at least in my eyes.

In other news, I was woken up at 4:45 this morning to the sound of Peaches retching, conveniently, she was on our bed (and on my side, no less). Sean tried to move her out of the way and onto the hardwood floor, which partially succeeded-she only got a blob on the beautiful quilt that I got from Eddie Bauer. Still, I had a feeling that it was gonna be that kind of day.

So, anyone out there who's reading (and, thanks for the comments about my breasts and their anger issues-we've decided to go to counseling to address their "issues"), please say a prayer to whomever you talk to, that it will end up okay for me.

I need all the prayers that I can get.


thalia said...

Good luck S. We found ourselves a cycle buddy, even with such different cycles. You look after yourself, we don't want you getting OHSS!

hormonebitch said...

I will say a prayer for you. I have one week until retrieval (hopefully). I would want people to pray for me too. I haven't told anyone, except my husband and one friend as I don't want anyone to be asking me if I am pregnant, blah, blah, blah. It is hard to get prayers when nobody knows about this situation. But, you will be in mine! Hang in there!

Shelli said...

oh sweetie - Poor quilt, pooor peaches, poor you waking up early, and poor ovaries!

Yea, Dr. Vest!

I hope and pray that this is an easy cycle for you, and that the retrieval goes well and that things implant properly and STAY THERE!


cat said...

There will be a candle burning bright for you and the eggies from Friday onward. May everything go well tomorrow and you avoid the ohss this time.