Sunday, November 13, 2005

6dp3dt-Hungry Hungry Hippo

Here's today's slightly annoying symptom of the two week wait-hunger.

Here's an example: I woke up this morning at around 6:45 (ungodly, I know, but I had to cantor the 8, 9:30 and 11 am masses this morning), and ate breakfast at 7:10 or so-a bowl of Cream of Wheat, a bowl of fresh pineapple and a cup of Irish Breakfast decaf tea, with some juice to wash the prenatal down. Went off to church, and by 10am my stomach starts to cramp and growl:

"pssstt......pssstt........FEED ME!!!"

Holy crap, I need to eat something-anything. Luckily the Parish Families had coffee and donuts after mass.......so I scramble downstairs for a hearty slice of crumbcake.......ah......better.

Then, two hours later, after the 11am mass, there it was again:

"psssst.......hey...........HUNGRY!!!" *insert nasty stomach growling/grinding noises here*

"Uh, hey, didn't I just feed you some crumbcake?"

"yeah, but it's not cutting it, bitch-we need FOOD!"

"Okay, right, hold up there.......I'll figure it out"

Off I truck to go grocery shopping. I decide that it's really not in either my best interest or my wallet's to go to the A&P hungry, so I make a detour to the Golden Arches for a cheeseburger.

Go and shop, tummy full. Get my goodies and come home around 2:30, unpack and put away groceries. Turn on laptop, and hear:

"pssst............hey..........we're baaaaack...........guess what we want............"

"Holy motherfucking shit, leave me ALONE! You just had McDonald's, for fuck's sake! That wasn't enough??"

"uh...........that was, like TWO HOURS ago.....you've gotta be kidding...........you'd better feed us or else we'll give you a MONSTER headache..."

"All right ALL RIGHT!!! FINE!" (reaching for the bag of Green Mountain Gringo Tortilla Strips)


Now, this conversation between me and my stomach has happened only once before, about three months ago. Do I dare to hope, to dream? I want it to be true, but I'm afraid to hope.

2 comments:

Shelli said...

eeeeee - good news indeed!

CROSSING EVERYTING FOR YOU, DEAR!

xoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxox

cat said...

Dare to hope... :) We are rooting for you chica! *hugs*